What is email marketing lead generation? In essence, lead generation is the process of curating potential customers for a business’s and/or organization’s products and services. There are plenty of companies out there that provide this service, especially in the niche of email marketing B2B lead generation.
To achieve that goal, organizations must use B2B email marketing best practices 2022. Many businesses are starting to reopen in earnest after 18+ months of lockdowns. Businesses are eager to hit the ground running and they should do so by putting their best foot forward.
Here is a list of ten best practices for B2B email marketing.
- Pick the right service
- Build your email list
- Segment your new contacts
- Create compelling subject lines
- Create a stellar welcome email
- Create an onboarding sequence
- Personalize email content
- Add detailed calls-to-action
- Keep your copy clean and concise
- Measure your performance
Of course, one cannot even begin to engage in email marketing lead generation (or any type of email marketing, for that matter) without a list of emails. Some businesses choose to speed up the process of curating an email list by buying one.
There are some pros to this, like potentially reaching a new market, increasing the number of potential leads, accessing a wider pool of customers, and (if done correctly) potential business growth. There are cons, however, like the invasion of privacy and lower levels of engagement.
Here are some of the best place to buy email lists. Each of these email list providers has their own pros and cons, and a business will need to access its email marketing services carefully before committing to one of them.
- D7 Lead Finder
- Lead Forensics
What is lead generation in digital marketing?
What does it actually look like? Top strategies for lead generation typically include leveraging chatbot conversations, creating gated content, and creating an appealing and eye-catching newsletter. With newsletters being one of the top tactics to use to achieve lead generation, email marketing becomes critical to ensuring that the right people see those email newsletters.
A business can buy leads for digital marketing and can buy email lists by industry too. Many businesses start with a sales email template for new clients. They draft an email based on the specific tone that the business wants to portray.
For example, a lead generation email example could include the “AIDA” formula: Attention, Interest, Desire, and Action. This format dates back to the 1900s and is still used today because it walks a potential lead through the process of getting someone’s attention and finally calling them to action.
A sales email template for new clients may include the BAB formula: Before, After, and Bridge. This format allows the potential lead to see how their life is now (Before), where they could be (After), and how the product or service can lead them through that transition (Bridge).
Lead generation process
There are a variety of email lead generation tools available to assist in the lead generation process. One is a four-step process illustrated below
- Lead Awareness – how leads discover a potential business and its services
- Lead Education – how leads gain trust in that business’s products or services
- Lead Sampling – how leads test out products/services via demos and free trials
- Lead Conversion – how a lead becomes a customer that buys the product/service.
There is both warm and cold email lead generation. Cold leads refer to potential leads that have little to no context of the business or what it offers. That makes cold email lead generation more challenging and requires more investment and strategy.
Warm leads know a little more, having visited the company website or having answered the call-out email. A warm lead email template could have a compelling introduction and the more personalized there is, the better. No one wants to be another statistic in a company’s wallet.
Here is a list of four of the best email lead generation tools to create both warm and cold emails.
- ProProfs survey Maker
B2B email marketing
B2B email marketing is geared towards business-to-business interactions and sales. There are many B2B email marketing templates to choose from. Here is a list of some of the best B2B email marketing examples
- The new article email template
- The company announcement email template
- The curated content email template
- The video email template
- Inactive user email template
There are others, of course, but here is just a taste of how to approach potential leads based on any given context and relationship.
B2B email marketing trends have changed over time. Here are some trends that businesses should be aware of in 2022.
- User-generated content. User generated content makes your brand more trustworthy, real and of course you end up increasing the number of customer reviews on your page.
- Hyper-segmentation and personalization. 760% increase in revenue was recorded by marketers who segmented their campaigns. This is absolutely essential to increase your subscribers and user engagement. Ultimately leading to more purchase
- Omnichannel communication. This is an integral part of your marketing strategy. Omnichannel communication allows your audience to have access to you and an easy brand recall at the purchase moment.
- Mobile optimization. More and more emails are now read on mobile than on desktop and the key is mobile friendly email marketing. Keeping your message short, succinct and testing it multiple times is a necessity for more audience engagement
- Importance of data privacy. With strict laws in place, it is essential for email marketers to comply with them and at the same time have successful email marketing campaigns. This will ensure that your brand and customers are protected from falling into possible scams and cyber attacks.
Some people say that you should not buy email leads, but if done right with the appropriate tools and software, a business can experience potential growth.
A B2B cold email could include the recent news format, about an influencer if they have one and could use the same to promote services and products.